Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"Darling, I love you!" - Icebreaker

By Brian Cundieff

The "Darling, I Love You" Game. Break up your class into groups of 8-10 people. Each group should form a circle with one person in the middle, 'A,' for the purpose of this explanation.

'A' must approach any other person, 'B', in the circle and say, "Darling, I love you. Would you please smile for me?" 'A' can say it anyway he likes, use gestures, anything short of physical contact. 'B' must then reply, "Darling, I love you too, but I just can't smile." He must say this without smiling or laughing. If 'B' can say it with a totally straight face, then 'A' must remain inside the circle and try again with someone else. If 'B' laughs or smiles, 'B' takes 'A's place and 'A' stands in the circle with everyone else. You can continue this as long as you like. Even in Japan where people are notoriously "shy", we've had a lot of fun with this activity.

No comments: